* Bold, rugged all-new design
* 284-horsepower 3.5-liter Direct Injection V6 and all-new 9-speed transmission for smooth, direct response
* All-new Intelligent 4WD with 7-position Drive and Terrain Mode Selector
* Available 6,000-pound maximum towing capacity allows drivers to confidently haul boats, ATVs and trailers
* Flexibility with a family focus – seating for up to eight, new captain's chairs option, new EZ FLEX® one-touch release adds comfort and flexibility for the whole family
* Advanced, connected technology integration with all-new available 10.8-inch Head-Up Display, 12.3-inch digital dashboard, ProPILOT Assist with Navi-link
* Standard Nissan Safety Shield® 360 leads to confident driving on- and off-road
All-new 9-speed transmission, all-new Intelligent 4WD with 7-position Drive and Terrain Mode Selector
The all-new Pathfinder is an ideal family adventure vehicle not just in looks, but in modern capability as well. Every 2022 Pathfinder features a 284-horsepower 3.5-liter Direct Injection V6 with 259 lb-ft of torque. The engine is matched with an all-new 9-speed automatic transmission, which provides a smooth, strong, direct vehicle response. The all-new transmission consistently delivers the right gear at the right time, helping improve fuel economy and driving comfort. The combination of the proven V6 and all-new 9-speed provides strong acceleration and driver confidence when merging or exiting a turn, and minimizes rpm variation on a grade.
Pathfinder 4WD drive models feature Nissan's all-new Intelligent 4WD with 7-position Drive and Terrain Mode Selector. The 4WD system features direct coupling, which allows torque transfer directly on the clutch pack using oil pressure, allowing for confident, immediate take-off in low-traction situations. Mode selection – Standard, Sport, Eco, Snow, Sand, Mud/Rut and Tow – is displayed as a pop-up notification on the meter cluster.
A new dual-pinion electric power steering system – combined with wider 255/50R20 tires (versus the previous 235/55R20 tires) – provides stable, quick response and a 40 percent improvement in steering angle rate, leading to less steering effort.
The front suspension features an updated mount system, helping increase roll stiffness by 28 percent, and the rear suspension features a multi-link design with updated shock absorbers and dampers, helping increase rear roll stiffness by 14 percent. These updates, coupled with a 50 percent increase in high strength steel, lead to a high quality, confident driving experience.
The all-new 2022 Pathfinder features available 6,000-pound maximum towing capacity – plenty for common customer needs such as towing boats, ATVs, camp tents or trailers. Trailer Sway Control is standard.
Bring the bigger toys, just because you can. Along with more power comes greater towing capacity. The all-new Pathfinder not only produces 284 hp and 259 lb-ft of torque but has the ability to tow a maximum of up to 6,000 lbs, so you can bring just about whatever you have in mind
Fuel economy is rated at 21 mpg city, 26 mpg highway and 23 mpg combined for 2WD models. For 4WD models, fuel economy figures are 21 mpg city (20 mpg Platinum), 27 mpg highway (25 mpg Platinum) and 23 mpg combined (22 mpg Platinum).